Sunday, September 16, 2018

Python setting up errors

I am using Azure DSVM Standard DS12 v2 (4 vcpus, 28 GB memory) with Linux, which pre-installed Anaconda and related machine learning tools. It is sometimes confusing as Python 2 and 3 are being used through Jupyter notebook in one machine, and I would like to keep memos when setting up errors happen.


1. Install pydotplus

Command
Error message
It looks like "a pip version" installed through "apt" does not match "another pip version" upgraded through "pip install --upgrade pip". I heard it is better to use only "apt" for installing and upgrading "pip". I uninstalled pip once and then installed through "apt" again with commands below, and the issue was solved in my case.


2. Install Keras

After downloading Keras from github, I faced this error message.

Command
Error message
It seems this error happens when setuptool is not installed system wide for Ubuntu. The problem was solved with the commands below.